SkillsetGroup, LLC. and its subsidiaries respects your privacy and we acknowledge that you have certain rights related to any personal information we collect from you and we have certain obligations in respect of the same. Skillset Services supports the various international and local privacy laws, and has procedures in place to meet the requirements of those laws.
This Privacy Statement supports our privacy principles and informs you about our practices for gathering, storing, and using the personal information of individuals who use our websites, apply for or use our employment or outsourcing services, and those who are representatives of our customers (including prospective customers), service providers, and suppliers.
We encourage you to review this information so that you may understand how we collect, use, and share your personal information.
Information We Collect
We collect personal information about you in various ways, such as through our Sites and social media channels; at our events and through phone and fax; through job applications and in connection with in-person recruitment; and in connection with our interactions with clients and vendors. We may collect the following types of personal information (as permitted under local law):
- contact information (such as name, postal address, email address and telephone number);
- username and password when you register on our Sites;
- information you provide about friends or other people you would like us to contact. (The Controller assumes that the other person previously gave an authorization for such communication); and
- other information you may provide to us, such as in surveys or through the "Contact Us" feature on our Sites
In addition, if you are an associate or job candidate, you apply for a position or create an account to apply for a position, we may collect the following types of personal data (as permitted under local law):
- employment and education history;
- language proficiencies and other work-related skills;
- Social Security number, national identifier or other government-issued identification number;
- date of birth;
- bank account information;
- citizenship and work authorization status;
- benefits information;
- tax-related information;
- information provided by references; and
- information contained in your resume or C.V., information you provide regarding your career interests, and other information about your qualifications for employment.
We may also collect tie following types of personal data upon receiving your explicit consent (where required by applicable law):
- disabilities and health-related information; and
- results of drug tests, criminal and other background checks.
In addition, we may collect information you provide to us about other individuals, such as information related to emergency contacts.
Why We Use Your Information
We will use your personal data where:
- you have given your consent to the relevant processing activity for the purposes of which we have informed you. Where this is the case, you always have the right to withdraw that consent;
- it is necessary for the performance of and compliance with your employment contract or other applicable engagement contract with us or in order to take steps prior to entering into that contract or another contract with you;
- we need to process your information in order to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation (for example, complying with duties under employment, social security, social protection, and tax legislation for example, complying with our obligations under equality legislation or in relation to statutory sickness or maternity rights);
- exceptionally it is necessary for vital interests relating to you or another person (for example, avoiding serious risk of harm to you or others); or
- it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) provided that our legitimate interests are not overridden by your interests or rights which require protection of your data.
We will use special categories of personal data where:
- you have provided your explicit consent. Where this is the case, you always have the right to withdraw that consent;
- we need to do so to carry out our legal obligations (e.g. in the context of employment, social security and social protection law, or for a collective agreement) for example, complying with our obligations under equality legislation or in relation to statutory sickness or maternity rights;
- it is necessary for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims;
- it is necessary for the purposes of preventative or occupational medicine, for the assessment of your working capacity, medical diagnosis, or provision of health care (for example, in relation to Occupational Health referrals and reports);
- where it is needed for reasons of substantial public interest, such as for equal opportunities monitoring;
- exceptionally, where it is necessary for vital interests relating to you or another person (for example, avoiding serious risk of harm to you or others) and where you are not capable of giving consent; or
- where you have already made the relevant personal information public.
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Retaining Your Information
We will retain your personal information for as long as is necessary in connection with our agreement with you, to provide you with the services requested, or for other necessary purposes such as compliance with a law, regulation, or other legal authority, or as is otherwise permitted to be maintained for other legal purposes, such as audit, security, fraud prevention, or preserving and defending Skillset’s legal rights.
Additionally, job applicants and individuals whose assignment has ended will be maintained in Skillset’s talent pool to be potentially contacted about other employment opportunities. European talent pools will retain your applicant data for no longer than three years. Individuals located outside of Europe will be retained in alignment with local legal requirements, but in all cases no longer than ten years. Where applicable, Skillset will remove your information from the talent pool upon verified request.
Use of Automated Data Collection Methods
When you visit our Sites, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies, web beacons and web server logs. The information we may collect in this manner includes IP address, unique device identifier, browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, information on actions taken on our Sites, dates and times of visits to our Sites and other usage statistics.
A "cookie" is a file that websites send to a visitor's computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor's browser or to store information or settings in the browser.
A "web beacon" also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies and is used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server
Through these automated collection methods, we may obtain "clickstream data," which is a log of the links and other content on which a visitor clicks while browsing a website.
Our Sites use these types of cookies:
- a)Technical Cookies
Technical cookies are those used exclusively with a view to "carrying out the transmission of a communication on an electronic communications network, or insofar as this is strictly necessary to the provider of an information society service that has been explicitly requested by the contracting party or user to provide the said service."
- b)Profiling Cookies
Profiling cookies are aimed at creating user profiles. They are used to send ads messages in line with the preferences shown by the user during navigation. In light of the highly invasive nature of these cookies, vis-à-vis users' private sphere, local and European legislation requires users to be informed appropriately on their use so as to give their valid consent.
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, or if you would like to exercise your rights, please write to:
Attention: Legal Counsel
3631 S Habor Blvd, Suite 130
Santa Ana, CA 92704