El Monte, California
Directs and coordinates activities to obtain optimum manufacturing efficiency, and maintain competitive pricing structure by applying knowledge of specialized methodologies, techniques, principles, or processes.
- Reviews data to determine material, labor requirements and operations plan.
- Computes cost factors and prepares estimates used for management purposes, such as planning, organizing and scheduling work, preparing bids, selecting vendors or subcontractors and determining cost effectiveness.
- Develops, evaluates and improves manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge and the product design, materials, parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods and quality control standards.
- Confers with planning and production concerning the product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Provide technical interface for customer’s engineering issues / contacts.
- Background in reading detail drawings or 2-D blueprints.
- Knowledge of Digital Product Definition (DPD) compliance & all aspects of model based data sets from customers. Working knowledge or experience of solid molding software (SolidWorks, Catia or equivalent).
- Participate in engineering meetings and assignments as issued.
- Participate in internal auditing system as required by quality management team.