Category: Manufacturing & Production
Torrance, California 90501
Production Planning/Purchasing Coordinator
Under the direction of the Plant Manager, the production planner is responsible for planning and managing production schedules to meet customer delivery requirements and best utilize the company’s production capacity as well as managing inventory levels. Duties also include the purchasing and ordering of materials, supplies, equipment and services used for production.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintains inventory levels ensuring product is available for Production runs
- Schedules and adjusts production plans as required
- Manages the demand for product / sales forecast
- Purchases inventory supplies and raw materials
- Schedule production based on customer order and forecasts
- Assists in developing and/or strengthening the Bill of Materials, Purchase Orders and MRP systems
- Prepares and processes requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment
- Follow up with orders and ensures that product is being received timely
- Schedule deliveries by coordinating with warehouse department and/or other departments
- Coordinates the returns, credits or reimbursement of defective/damage product with vendor
- Meets with staff and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable/damaged goods or services and determines corrective action including returns, credits and reimbursements
- Maintains and reviews records of items bought, costs, deliveries, product performance, and inventories
- Evaluates suppliers based on price, quality, and delivery speed
- Maintains records and database of vendors, contracts, Certificates of Insurance
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in manufacturing environment, preferably food manufacturing
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or combination of experience and education
- Excellent computer skills including advance Excel or Access
- Experience with Database management, SQL.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.