CNC Swiss Lathe Machinist
Category: Manufacturing & Production
Hudson, New York 12534
Summary - Job Responsibilities – Activities:
Program, set up and operate a computer numerical control (CNC) machine to produce machined parts.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints and checking material stock.
- Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points, offsets.
- Calculating requirements including basic math, geometry, trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Set up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting chucks, tools, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops and stock pushers.
- Load material.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part and sample pieces.
- Maintains specifications by observing cutting, drilling, grooving, turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations.
- Troubleshoot processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; following quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Address preventive maintenance requirements, troubleshoot malfunctions and request repairs.
- Other duties as assigned
Education - Experience:
- High school diploma or Equivalent
- Programming or operation experience of CNC mills or lathes.
- Technical school or training related to CNCs.
Required Skills, Competencies, Authorities and Training Needs:
- G and M Code Programming
- Detail Oriented
- Verbal Communication
- Tooling Setup