Sr. Perception and Computer Vision Engineer
Senior Perception and Computer Vision Engineer
As a Senior Researcher/Engineer – Perception and Computer Vision you will work with our talented team members to drive our innovative research and development for our next-generation service robotic product.
- Define and execute both the short-term and long-term engineering and R&D plans of perception and CV, to support current and next-generation product development and frontier research.
- Work with business, product, and R&D teams to define the requirements of the perception and computer vision functionalities of our new robot product, within the domains of object segmentation, classification and pose estimation, scene understanding, human tracking, facial expression recognition, etc. Convert the designs into technical development requirements.
- Execute hands-on work. Create critical and innovative software components, which will be essential for autonomous and intelligent robotic systems.
- Support perception and CV R&D effort and production in different BUs and different domains. Work as internal expert and consultant for other teams.
- Track the state-of-the-art technology and conduct frontier fundamental and applied R&D.
- Actively attend international conferences and forums, present our work, publish research articles, and file invention patents.
- Build connections and collaborations with academia institutions and industrial partners.
- Domestic and international travels required for internal meetings, external technical meetings, conferences, and partner discussions.
- Other duties may be required from time to time.
- Advanced degree in Computer Vision, Sensing, Machine Learning, Pattern Recognition, and related fields with experience in creating perception and CV systems. Ph.D. preferred.
- Experience in system architecture, design, and development.
- Proficient in at least one of the main programming languages, including C++, Python, Java, etc. Ability to write clean and efficient code.
- Experience with ROS and comfortable in working on Linux platform, e.g., Ubuntu.
- In-depth expertise in technical fields relevant to perception and CV with both system-level thinking and algorithmic-level development.
- Trackable research work with strong publications in the area of Computer Vision and Robotic Perception.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills. Self-motivated and passionate about the robotics and AI.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Willing to work at different business locations when necessary.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
- 5 years of experience in creating perception and CV systems. Experience in successfully conducting applied research or developing products in industrial domains.
- Passionate about exploring new areas and implement innovative ideas and concepts of CV and other perception algorithms in products.
- 3 or more years of experience in building service robotic systems with perception and CV technology.
- Familiar with building embedded robotic platforms and implementing critical algorithms on microcontrollers and PCs.
- Customer engagement with solid skills of strategical thinking, business development, and excellent execution to meet business requirements and deadlines.
- Strong connection with global technical leaders, and academia researchers.
- Work both independently and with other team members in a dynamic, and face-paced environment.