Sr. Navigation and Control Engineer
Senior Navigation and Control Engineer
As a Senior Researcher/Engineer – Navigation and Control, you will work with our talented team members to drive our innovative research development for our next-generation service robotic product. This role reports to the head of the Department of Autonomous
Job Type: Full-Time
- Define and execute both the short-term and long-term engineering and R&D plans, in Localization, Mapping, Path Planning, Control, and other related domains, to support current and next-generation product development and frontier research.
- Work with the local and global business, product, and R&D teams to define the requirements of the autonomous navigation sub-system of our new robot product. Convert the designs into technical development requirements.
- Design and implement the autonomous navigation components of our robotic system, e.g., pose estimation, localization, mapping, path planning, motion control, visual servo control, obstacle avoidance, etc. Debug and test the overall autonomous navigation system and ensure that the sub-system satisfies the overall requirements of the product definition.
- As an internal expert and consultant, work with other teams to drive the R&D of autonomous robotic navigation within the company.
- Track the state-of-the-art technology and conduct frontier fundamental and applied R&D.
- Actively attend international conferences and forums, present our work, publish research articles, and file patents applications.
- Build connections and collaborations with academia institutions and industrial partners.
- Domestic and international travels required for internal meetings, external technical meetings, conferences, and partner discussions.
- Other duties may be required from time to time.
- Advanced degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering and related fields with experience in creating autonomous robotic navigation. Ph.D. preferred.
- Experience in system architecture, design, and development.
- Proficient in using mainstream microcontrollers and System on Chip (SOC) devices for signal processing, computer vision, Simultaneous Localization and Mapping (SLAM), and control algorithms.
- Ability to write clean and efficient code. Drive system integration and testing of autonomous navigation systems and integration with other key components in the overall robotic system.
- Trackable research work with strong publications in the area of autonomous robotic navigation and SLAM.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills. Self-motivated and passionate about the robotics and AI.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Willing to work at different working locations when necessary.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
- 5 or more years of industrial experience in successfully conducting applied research in or developing real robotic systems.
- In-depth expertise with technical fields relevant to autonomous robotic navigation with both system-level thinking and component-level development.
- Passionate about exploring new areas and implement innovative ideas and concepts.
- Familiar with building embedded robotic platforms and implementing embedded software on microcontrollers.
- Customer engagement with solid skills of strategical thinking, business development, and excellent execution to meet business requirements and deadlines.
- Strong connection with global technical leaders, and academia researchers.
- Work both independently, with other team members, and lead teams in a dynamic, and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent skills of communicating with executive management team.
A global leading AI and humanoid robotics company. We conduct fundamental research, applied research, and innovative engineering to create various robotic products, which have been significantly impacting the global market and changing the world. As the leader in the intelligent service robot industry, we are the only company, which successfully commercialized humanoid robotic products for consumers, in the world.
Our mission is to bring a robot into every home, and truly integrate intelligent robots into the daily lives of everyone creating a more intelligent way of life.
The R&D center is responsible for defining and creating the next-generation robotic products. We push the boundary of the R&D of the service robot industry and create game-changing robotic products that fundamentally influence the human and robot society.Apply