SQF Practioner - Level 3
El Monte, California 91731
The SQF Coordinator ensures that all SQF administration and documentation are conducted within the guidelines established by Safe Quality Food certification, current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) and Driftwood Dairy, Inc. standard operating procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - include but are not limited to:
· Responsible for all SQF administration, documentation and archival of records
· Work with cross-functional teams to seek process improvements and maintain SQF documentation.
· Assist in the Certificate of Analysis (COA) process and other activities as needed
· Review SQF documentation and specifications, as applicable.
· Write/review processes, SOPs/procedures and related documents.
· Assist in the preparation and management of audits conducted by regulatory agencies and internal QA. SQF Compliance.
· Support qualification/validation of equipment and support process validation studies as needed.
· Participate in SQF, Regulatory, etc. as an active cross-functional team to ensure appropriate document/data integrity for regulatory submission preparation
· Support all investigations of customer complaints and audit corrective actions as needed
· Assist other Quality Control, Quality Assurance and SQF activities as needed
· General support of the lab functions in the absence of the QA technicians and QA Manager.
· Investigates complaints on existing products and responds to vendor or customer.
· Provides technical and process direction to manufacturing and Quality Assurance Technicians, product hold processes and Product review including COA and COC
· Participates in Continuous Improvement efforts and is an active participant in the SQF certification processes
· Oversee the efficient implementation of quality standards, programs and processes to improve operational efficiencies and reduce/eliminate production waste and HOLD product.
· Train employees in SOP’s, Quality Studio System and ensure training effectiveness
· Participates in other plant teams and programs such as HACCP Team, SQF Team, Internal Audit Team and others as assigned.
· Maintain and conduct time and testing records, reporting monthly audit status.
· Develops, review and implements manufacturing QA process improvements.
· Support in the implementation of processes and follow-up on corrective actions.
· Comply with all federal, state and local regulatory agencies and mandates
· Work with other departments to achieve SQF company goals and objectives
· Must be able to lift and carry 30 pounds occasionally
· Other related duties and projects as assigned
· We are a milk processing facility. You will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves water, odors, noise and low temperatures. However, mostly you will work in a clean laboratory and office environment. You must wear slip resistant safety shoes when in the production areas and must wear all required safety personal protective equipment (PPE).
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
· Bachelor of Science Degree in food science, dairy science or technical a must
· Must be Safe Quality Food (SQF) certified or equivalent
· At least three (3) years of SQF administration and leadership experience have
· Must have experience with all aspects of SQF, HACCP and GMP’s
· Excellent communication, mentoring and coaching abilities, along with teambuilding skills. Ability to work well with management, peers and employees in a union environment
· Must be extremely organized and audit ready at all times
· Must be detailed oriented with documentation/record keeping
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
· Project management skills a must
· Knowledge and experience with Safe Quality Food (SQF) certification process a plus
· Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Project Management and Outlook
· Ability to work a flexible schedule when requiredApply