Category: Facilities and Maintenance
Commerce, California 90040
The Maintenance Mechanic will work in all phases of the production process to assure the facility operates in a highly efficient manner, in which utilization rates are constantly being monitored and maintained at as high of a level as possible (100% being the goal). Assure that the plant equipment is maintained in a proactive manner, by completing preventive maintenance and repairs in coordination with the scheduled downtimes and machine shutdowns. The successful candidate must be able to understand all policies, procedures, instructions, rules and regulations (including all safety training and safety information) associated with these positions which are written in English.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Keeps shop area and production areas clean after repairs
· Ensures that proper Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) procedures are followed as outlined by US Food and Drug Administration
· Be proactive in identifying maintenance needs and promote the TEAM approach to fulfilling these needs
· Troubleshoot electrical issues
· Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service
· Prepares and sets up machinery for scheduled production runs
· Performs mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of packaging and production machines
· Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
· Comply with OSHA safety and health rules
· Maintains a professional working relationship with vendors.
· Participate in developing and maintaining plant safety awareness
· Support the company priorities by looking for ways to improve Safety, Quality and Waste Reduction/Productivity
· Always represent the company and yourself in a professional manner
· Maintain a sense of urgency during normal operations, breakdowns and down days
· Complete and maintain the maintenance log
Education and/or Experience
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· 3 to 5 years combined experience in plant maintenance including demonstrated knowledge of mechanics, pneumatics, hydraulics, electrical, building maintenance, wastewater treatment, boiler operation and maintenance and refrigeration
· Extended Shelf Life experience preferred
· Understanding and practice with OSHA Lockout/Tagout (LOTO) practices
· Working knowledge of Evergreen Fillers, specifically, Quart, and Half gallon paper fillers
· Experience in working with Conveyors
· Knowledge of Nordson glue units, Wexxar box formers and Topsealers
· Welding capability
· Ability to read schematics and piping diagrams
· Can troubleshoot electrical issues
· Understanding of PLC (Programmable Logic Controller)
· Proficiency in working with refrigeration systems, boilers systems, and Storm Water ProtectionApply