Powder Coat Lead
Carson, California 90746
Contract To Hire
Powder Coating Lead
The Powder Coating Technician is responsible for, and must demonstrate expertise in:
- Prep work
- Ensuring required Powder Coat film thickness, color, and cosmetic requirements are met
- Adjustment of equipment as needed to produce high quality parts
- Operates electrostatic powder spray guns and related equipment and is able to adjust settings for optimal performance. Applies uniform coatings at proper mil thicknesses with no sags or light spots.
- Tests finishes with approved test methods.
- Determines if a product needs to be rejected and understands how to initiate corrective action.
- Meets department standards for efficiency, productivity, and quality. Brings any issues or concerns regarding powder coating to supervisor's attention.
- Aids in the maintenance and cleaning of the powder coating department. Operates the powder reclaim booth.
- Must be highly detailed in prep work and high temperature tape off.
- Will regularly be lifting parts, bending, stooping, and moving parts.
- Will crouch or kneel when making paint color changes.
- Constant use of hands and arms to perform job duties.
This position has responsibilities to support the production supervisor. This can include holding team members accountable for quality, team cooperation, and monitor production schedule.
Powder Coating Technician Qualifications:
- 4+ Years experience operating various powder coating guns and or box feed hopper systems