Santa Fe Springs,, California 90670
Contract To Hire
JOB DESCRIPTION RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Prepare tools, de-mold tools and builds records
- Cleans and reseals tools using the appropriate release systems
- Check completed products for conformance to specifications and for defects by checking them visually
- Understands and completes internal and customer required layup documents
- Trim excess materials from molds, using hand shears or trimming knives
- Be aware of FOD and Tool controls at all times
- Perform Composite layup such as: Carbon Pre-Preg, Carbon fibers, Kevlar layup, Fiberglass, and Hand Layup
- Perform part build-up free from wrinkles, air pockets, and voids
- Cut materials to size and fasten materials to the mold, bagging the composites for oven-curing
- Lays material on mold which move in and out of the work
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Must be able to communicate effectively, read and comprehend written and verbal instructions
- Must be familiar with blueprints and other similar drawings and documents (capable of doing simple mathematical calculations)
- Familiar with a variety of machinist hand tools and measuring instruments
- Must be able to work in a manufacturing environment; work extended hours as required
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, layup and procedure manuals
- Ability to work safely throughout our manufacturing facilities
- Enjoys working in fast-paced, attention to detail-oriented role
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing and / or aerospace environment
- High School Diploma or GED with subsequent course work in relevant training desired
- Will require respirator certification (upon hire)
- Must be a U.S. Person
- Ability to work safely throughout the manufacturing, quality and administrative facilities.
- Sit, stand, bend, stoop, reach, push, and pull, as needed for the duration of the work shift.
- Must be flexible and agile enough to work safely and effectively in sometimes cramped spaces in and around machinery, equipment, and facility.
- Able to work effectively under pressure of deadlines.
- Able to work full time, at least 8 hours a day and 5 days a week, plus overtime as may be required.
- Good vision required (with or without corrective lenses).
- Able to routinely lift objects up to 50 lbs. as needed (as appropriate with or without the assistance of another worker or lift apparatus).
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required. In addition, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for all disables employees and applicants in meeting the above criteria or in performing the above duties, to the extent that there is not undue hardship to the Company.