Lodi, California 95240
The Injection Molding Process Engineer is a “hands on” position that plans, directs, and coordinates manufacturing equipment and processes to produce high quality injection molded product. The Process Engineer is responsible for coordinating the molding efforts on new program launches, setting up and/or revising manufacturing processes and assisting the manufacturing operations in problem solving and continuous process improvements. While monitoring the effectiveness of processes, this individual quantifies results, documents, and presents findings to management and prepares reports. This position also mentors and provides training to other injection molding personnel.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Perform basic setup and operation of plastic injection molding machines
- Create process parameters using scientific processing and molding techniques.
- Create verification / validation protocols (IQ, OQ, PQ), lead the execution activities, generate relevant data and provide corresponding documentation and reports.
- Comply with company’s policies and guidelines regarding injection process control, validation activities and documentation.
- Investigate process failures, identify root cause and work with other groups as needed to ensure timely countermeasure and ensure sustainment.
- Create / modify SOP and work instructions
- Manage validation projects in order to meet timelines.
- Implement and make recommendations to optimize process and tooling adjustment.
- Work productively and cooperatively with all departments.
- Work in a clean room environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education Or Experience (in Years)
- Bachelor Degree with a minimum of 2 years of experience, preferably Plastic Engineering.
- Must have minimum 5 years of experience in a medium/high-volume manufacturing environment (injection molding, assembly, etc.)
- Demonstrated superior communication (written and verbal), teamwork, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to think out of the box and recommend options.
- Self-starter must be able to work with little direction and with high level of self-motivation.
Knowledge And Skills
- Experience in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, MS Project)
- Experience in writing technical documents, including validation documents, procedures, and reports.
- Must have strong ability to organize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to work effectively with team members and work under minimal supervision.
- Must have strong project management skills and the ability to lead and train others in a matrixed environment.
- Ability to work in an office environment
- Scientific process and molding experience is a plus
- Experience in validation process (IQ/OQ/PQ)
- Experience working in a Medical Device or FDA Regulated environment a plus.