Torrance, California 90503
Contract To Hire
Work with engineers, designers, and production personnel to create drawings, layouts, electrical schematics and 3D models using CAD software for global automotive parts remanufacturing company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Creation of 2D drawings and 3D models using CAD software.
- Work from sketches to create models of tools, fixtures, machines, and components.
- Create CAD models for 3D printing prototypes.
- Assist Mechanical Engineers in designing equipment.
- Assist Electrical Engineers in designing electrical wiring diagrams.
- Administration of Autodesk Vault system.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality;
Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read drawings and other technical specifications.
- Strong CAD skills using Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and organization skills required.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- General computer navigation skills.
- 3D printing knowledge or experience.
- Use of Autodesk Vault system.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Certificate or diploma in computer aided drafting technologies.
Ability to speak, read, and write English. Spanish is a plus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have working knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel,)Apply