Shipping Receiving Clerk
Long Beach, California 90805
Contract To Hire
- Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment: Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Determines method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Assembles wooden or cardboard containers or selects preassembled containers.
- Inserts items into containers, using spacers, fillers, and protective padding.
- Stamps, stencils, or glues identifying information and shipping instructions onto crates or containers.
- Posts weights and shipping charges, and affixes postage.
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- Routes items to departments.
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- May operate tier-lift truck or use handtruck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping-and-receiving platform to storage or work area.
- May direct others in preparing outgoing and receiving incoming shipments.
- May perform only shipping or receiving activities and be known as Shipping Clerk or Receiving Clerk.