Category: Facilities and Maintenance
Pico Rivera, California 90660
Job Title: Maintenance Manager
Objectives: To ensure the company facilities are well-cared for and adequate to support the company's business operations.
Reports To: Plant Manager
Directs and coordinates activities of workers engaged in repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment, and in maintenance of buildings, grounds, and utility systems by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates. The maintenance manager will have a solid understanding of plumbing and electrical systems as well as carpentry and other crafts. They will be well-versed in all maintenance process and health and safety regulations. They will have aptitude in undertaking administrative tasks such as reporting, budgeting etc.
Examples of Essential Function/Duties:
- Develop maintenance procedures and ensure implementation
- Carry out inspections of the facilities to identify and resolve issues
- Check electrical and hydraulic systems of buildings to ensure functionality
- Plan and oversee all repair and installation activities
- Allocate workload and supervise upkeep staff (technicians, janitors etc.)
- Monitor equipment inventory and place orders when necessary
- Monitor expenses and control the budget for maintenance
- Manage relationships with contractors and service providers
- Keep maintenance logs and report on daily activities
- Ensure health and safety policies are complied with
- Schedules repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment to ensure continuous production operations.
- Reviews job orders to determine work priorities.
- Plans, develops, and implements new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and effect greater utilization of labor and materials.
- Directs training and indoctrination of workers to improve work performance and acquaint workers with company policies and procedures.
Solid understanding of technical aspects of plumbing, carpentry, electrical systems etc.
Competencies: Advances mechanical knowledge, advanced building maintenance knowledge.
Working Conditions: Eight-hour days, five days a week, 1ST shift, Occasional overtime as needed.
- Working knowledge of facilities machines and equipment.
- Ability to keep track of and report on activity.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Attention to detail and good hand-eye coordination; must demonstrate ability to apply common sense and industry knowledge in all areas related to the above responsibilities.
- In addition, they must be able to read and follow directions.
- Experience in planning maintenance operations.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Work Environmental & Physical Demands: Although our warehouse is well lighted and well ventilated, the air may contain dust and particles from the materials used in the trade. Warehouse may also be noisy from machinery and air hoses. Employees may receive minor cuts and scratches when working with sharp tools and rough surfaces. May work overtime during peak seasons and may also be slow periods with little work to no work. Will perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms, legs, and moving your whole body, such as lifting, reaching, walking, stooping, and handling of materials. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing duties of this job, would occasionally be required to:
- Stand; reach with hands and arms, use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or controls.
- Using hands and arms in handling, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Perform repetitive functions for long periods of time