Maintenance & Engineering Manager
Category: Facilities and Maintenance
Vernon, California 90058
Maintenance Engineer Manager
Foods Manufacturing Industry
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides leadership and clear direction in establishing and refining preventive maintenance programs, employee training programs, staffing & scheduling of mechanics, parts room inventory, efficiency improvement programs, regulatory compliance programs, etc.
- This person must be able to communicate a clear vision and direction, and gain support from key stakeholders
- Passionate and deeply committed to driving out waste and operational losses through deployment of world class maintenance and continuous improvement tools
- Provides technical guidance and expertise; assisting and coaching Maintenance, Operations, and QA on an ongoing basis
- Tracks and evaluates maintenance performance using Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), sourcing and implementing a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) in alignment with Maintenance Excellence initiatives to produce critical reports
- Identifies and implements operational and cost savings improvements routinely
- Sets and delivers Budgets and manages parts inventory levels to optimal levels
- Maintains compliance in HACCP, FQP, GMP and OSHA requirements. Ensures city, county, state, and federal regulations are met at all times
- Maintains department safety record.
- Monitors Maintenance personnel's adherence to safety rules.
- Follows progressive disciplinary process to correct unsafe acts.
- Reviews new product plans and discusses equipment needs and modifications with Production Supervisor.
- Builds a strong maintenance team through constant communication, recognition and coaching of technicians, supervisors, engineers, and planning and store room members
- Accountable for managing and performance of all site utilities including boilers, refrigeration systems, air compressors, water sourcing, electrical systems, HVAC and building maintenance, air de-humification, water treatment, other food factory related support equipment, and other related permitted and regulated requirements
- Develops and refines the PM/PPM program in a systematic and professional manner-coordinating all efforts with equipment custodians and maintenance management to ensure the program is properly approved and endorsed by all departments
- Reviews the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime, lead root cause analysis to solve problems and to identify opportunities for improvement
- Manages and coordinates capital improvement projects. Works with external consultants and government agencies. Directs and supervises employees’ work activities and monitors work performance. Administers disciplinary actions and recommends performance improvement actions in collaboration with Human Resources. Monitors work performance and recommends compensation decisions based on guidelines. Promotes cooperative and harmonious environment in order to facilitate positive employee morale, productivity, and continuous improvement.
Education and / or Experience:
- Four-year degree in Electrical, Mechanical Engineering, or related technical field
- Proven track record of successful maintenance management and/or plant engineering in a food/beverage manufacturing environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prepare plans, detailed reports, and maintain records
- The ability to be innovative and progressive when facing problems
- Project management
- Excellent planning/organizational skills
- An effective and highly motivated team player who contributes to an atmosphere in which people work together enthusiastically and effectively to produce outstanding results
- Developed leadership skills.