Field Support Engineer
Irvine, California 92614
Field Support Engineer
Electrical Distribution Device
- Engineering support for field services. Develops technical analysis and understanding of bare overhead electrical conductor installation tooling, equipment, and methods.
- Manages development of conductor installation training content. Demonstrates excellent technical writing skills. May travel, including internationally in support of these duties.
- Demonstrates and actively manifests the company values: Integrity, Safety, Quality, Respect, Teamwork, and Innovation. Exhibits and develops team player attributes: Hungry, Humble, and Smart. Is accountable for delivery of commitments, full scope and on time.
- Leads field failure analysis activities and maintains field failure statistics. Develops and maintains failure characterization body of knowledge.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs field failure analysis applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, materials, field installation operations, equipment, and methods. Conducts or manages inspections and tests to determine root cause.
- Leads the company's Field Analysis Strike Teams (FAST) program. Assembles and manages team activities to expeditiously gather data, samples, and determine the facts in the event of a field incident. Authors final report summarizing and documenting the background, circumstances, facts, analysis, and root cause conclusion for each incident. Report includes corrective action and results.
- Maintains incident database and statistics. Performs data analysis to determine focus areas for preventative actions.
- Develops and maintains library of failures modes. Develops and documents technical understanding of failure modes and mechanisms.
- Apply broad engineering knowledge to the design, development, test, analysis of installation tooling equipment and methods consistent with a zero defect level.
- Complete projects in a manner consistent with corporate objectives.
- Provide support in the resolution of product complaints and/or safety issues.
- Work with other members in Engineering, QC, Manufacturing, R&D, and Sales/Marketing to coordinator the production of new products, equipment or processes supporting safe, reliable and efficient installation techniques.
- Trains and guides technicians and mentors others in failures inspection, analysis, and testing procedures.
- Contributes to improvements in manufacturing processes, improving quality and robustness.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
- This is a partial list of duties and responsibilities. The performance of other duties not listed may be necessary as business conditions dictate.
- Mechanical Engineering Degree
- 3+ years test laboratory and/or test engineer experience
- 2+ years failure analysis experience
- Experience in training content development
- Electrical transmission line design and /or construction experience
- Technical report and technical publications writing experience
- Demonstrated aptitude for analysis and problem solving
- Critical thinker, highly motivated, self-starter
- Demonstrated ability to complete complex assigned projects on time
- Excellent teamwork and communications skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and SolidWorks
- Must have or must be able to obtain a valid passport.