Human Resources Manager
Category: Human Resources
Irvine, California 92606
To handle all Company human resources related issues, and to oversee all Company safety programs.
- Manages and participates in planning, developing, recommending human resources activities, policies, procedures and programs for the Company.
- Manages activities relating to staffing, employee education and training, and management development.
- Manages labor relations, benefits administration and salary administration.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals.
- 401(k) Administrator and oversees program.
- Keeps records of insurance coverage, 401K plan, Flex Program and personnel transactions, such as new hires, promotions, transfers, and terminations.
- Investigates accidents and prepares reports for insurance carrier and government agencies.
- Writes separation notices and packages for employees separating for cause or terminating employment. Conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Prepares internal reports and reports to vendors for open enrollment.
- Responds to employee relation issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations, and civil rights complaints.
- Act as liaison with various insurance carriers and fosters effective relationships with client representatives.
- Analyze data, research complex HR issues and make recommendations to resolve issues, by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, regulations or government law.
- Scrubs monthly insurance bills and prepares requests for payment.
- Manages annual open enrollment period in June.
- Recruits and hires new employees for all companies. Conducts interviews of potential employees.
- May represent the Company at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- May contract out to provide employee services such as food service or for special occasions.
- Record keeping of hired and terminated employee characteristics for governmental reporting purposes.
- Conduct Sexual Harassment or Harassment investigations when employee complaints are made.
- Conduct State of California required supervisor and non-supervisor Sexual Harassment training.
- Directs activities relating to personnel rules and regulations. Maintains and updates the Employee Handbook.
- Investigates problems incidental to sound and uniform personnel administration, such as working conditions, disciplinary actions and employee and applicant appeals and grievances.
- Manages Company safety program and is designated the Company Safety Officer.
- Provides guidance and recommendations for problem resolutions.
- Process payroll bi-weekly using Mosaic, performs data entry and reconciles employee timecards. Maintains payroll and payroll tax records.
- Maintain files for all employment related documents.
- Responsible for all employee benefit administration.
- Treats people with respect and dignity regardless of position and upholds company’s values.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 7+ years of experience in Human Resources
- 5+ years of experience in Management
- Bachelor or greater college degree, in Human Resources or a related field with emphasis in personnel.
- Full cycle Recruiting experience
- Possess working knowledge of all human resources areas including California state and Federal employment law, benefits administration, employee training and development, compensation, payroll requirements and leave of absence administration.
- Proficiency in using a variety of computer software applications including Microsoft Office Suite, and a working knowledge of HR information systems.
- Self-starter and has the ability to prioritize work and multi-task. Excellent attention to detail and highly organized. Proactive and able to work deadlines. Ability to work with all levels within the Company. Must be able to manage confidential conversations and data. Speaks and writes clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.