Category: Accounting & Finance
Los Angeles, California 90061
Seeking an experience and professional Accounting Manager for a manufacturing company! This role will require a well-rounded skillset with Cost Accounting, P&L management, A/R, A/P, G/L, Fixed Assets and Financial Statements.
- Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs –
- Recording cost information for use in controlling expenditures
- Provide accurate and timely cost accounting information
- Analyze monthly all inventory loss accounts to assess major discrepancies to standards and rework/scrap levels, and pursue corrective action where warranted
- Planning, Studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as material purchases, inventory and labor
- Establishes financial status by developing and implementing systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying, and reporting financial information, and managing accounting staff.
- Achieves accounting operational objectives by contributing accounting information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; and implementing change.
- Meets accounting financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Confirms financial status by monitoring revenue and expenses; coordinating the collection, consolidation, and evaluation of financial data; and preparing special reports.
- Guides other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy and applying observations and recommendations to operational issues.
- Maintains financial security by establishing internal controls.
- Avoids legal challenges by understanding current and proposed legislation, enforcing accounting regulations, and recommending new procedures.
- Protects organizations value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Minimum of 8-10 years of accounting/finance experience
- 2 years of Cost Accounting
- BA degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to accurately prepare daily/weekly/monthly reports
- Have strong analytical Skills
- Understanding/Experience with SAP
- Ability to quickly adapt in a variety of settings to meet the unique needs of multiple audiences
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize multiple projects under tight deadlines and work independently
- Strong accountability and follow-through skills
- Proficient Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word skills