Category: Manufacturing & Production
North Hollywood, California 91605
Maintain effective control of the backlog from order entry through shipment. Ensure each order is planned and acted upon in a timely manner, while providing as much visibility as required for a smooth flow of material. This will include identifying and reconciling problems or potential problems through interface with various departments.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities (Describe the major duties of the job. List the Essential Duties and Responsibilities in order of most time spent to least. To the right under the % column, include the % for each item or group of items that are to total 100%)
Ensure customer satisfaction by achieving on time deliveries of quality product. Follow through special requests and expedites. Identify potential late deliveries and plan recovery.
Supervisory Responsibilities (Choose from the drop down menu)
Minimum Qualifications The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
2-4 years of experience in Planning
5 years of experience in the production control field, including material/inventory management in a defense or aerospace environment.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities List (Select all that applies and copy and paste above)
- Requires excellent planning, organizational and motivational skills.
- Knowledge of JDE MRP system extremely helpful
- Past MRP / ERP experience is a must
- SAP knowledge desirable
- General knowledge of machine shop practices and processing standards helpful.
- Knowledge of military and commercial standards helpful.
- Requires strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Computerized MRP system
- Requires strong interpersonal communications (written and verbal) with a positive attitude and ability to motivate others.
- Have the ability to prioritize workload and complete tasks on a timely basis.
- Have the ability to maintain flexibility and be adaptable to the ever-changing needs of the company.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with management as well as peers, suppliers, delivery personnel, and/or customers as circumstances dictate.
- Must have a strong creative ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations where sound judgment is crucial. The ability to interpret and carry out instructions, both written and oral is essential. Familiarity, interpretation and understanding of diagrams, graphs and/ or schedules as they may relate to this position are a must.