Category: Manufacturing & Production
Bakersfield, California 93311
The Shift Manager will coordinate shift activities, monitor flows, manage process facilities and equipment, and maintain quality standards, while maximizing production units. Responsibilities include: assigning and directing work, managing throughout, assuring equipment up time and product utilization, maximizing personnel efforts, monitoring productivity, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
· Meets production goals for quality, yield, productivity, cost and safety
· Identifies processing deficiencies and methods of improvement with Management and implement changes as needed
· Directly responsible for the development and training of production supervisors, leads and employees, working within the guidelines of company policies
· Tracks production reports to ensure efficiency
· Watches flow of product and contacts necessary support divisions to maximize uptime
· Takes leadership role regarding employee safety by enforcing safe practices, addressing unsafe conditions and holding regular safety meetings
· Ensures accurate timecard reporting/attendance tracking
· Counsels and disciplines employees
· Assures all daily orders are filled on time and management’s daily goals are met
· Perform other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
· Ability to communicate effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondences
· Knowledge of e-mail Internet software, Manufacturing software, and Word Processing software.
· Ability to manage and interact with personnel using company guidelines and provisions.
· Associate's degree (A.A.)or equivalent, from two-Year College or technical school; and two to three years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Valid California Driver License with clean driving record
· Bilingual (English and Spanish) or ability to speak Spanish or willingness to learn
· 2 years of previous work experience in a production facilityApply