Category: Facilities and Maintenance
vernon, California 90058
Contract To Hire
Perform maintenance on production equipment and building, including preventative maintenance.
Work under the supervision of the Operations Department Head.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Respond to equipment maintenance requests.
- Perform preventive maintenance work orders according to schedule.
- Maintain, organize, and control inventory supplies, tools, and equipment.
- Test new equipment under direction of Maintenance Supervisor to ensure that it is working properly. § Assist in manufacturing activities, when needed.
- Be alert and ensure that all employees and other crew members are following safety guidelines as prescribed by the Company.
- Support the safety initiatives within the organization and attend safety training.
- Perform other duties as may be requested by the Department Head and/or top management.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
One (1) year of job related experience preferably in General Maintenance, Hydraulics, Electronics, or Welding in the Aerospace Manufacturing industry Aerospace Manufacturing industry.
§ Knowledge in general mathematical principles, techniques, and practices relevant to calculation, measurement, data collection, and statistical analysis. § Knowledge in general computer applications applicable to the job.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Possess skills in time management, coordination, delegation, and scheduling of personal and others' activities.
- Communicate and interchange thoughts, opinions, and information with supervisors, coworkers, and/or subordinates verbally or in writing. Be active listener and attentive to others. Do not be afraid of asking questions to ensure the message was properly communicated and/or received.
- Have problem solving skills to address complex problems and analyze pertinent information to evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Apply logic and reasoning to work related situations and be a solution provider.
- Monitor self, others, and processes to implement corrective actions, enhance performance, and drive continual improvement throughout the organization.
- Coordinate with others to achieve personal and company mission, objectives, and priorities.
- Encourage teamwork by developing common mission/vision, trust, and respect among team members.
- Develop department specific objectives in conjunction with the company wide objectives; define strategies and actions to achieve them.
- Have the ability to recognize problems or potential problems and communicate them to impacted personnel for resolution.
- Have the ability to identify risks and implement actions to mitigate them.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Personal computer, including word-processing, database and spreadsheet programs; calculator, telephone, copy, and fax machine. (Not applicable)
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Formal application, rating of education and experience; oral interviews and reference check; job related tests may be required.
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change