Quality and Food Safety Technician
Cypress, California 90630
Contract To Hire
Currently looking for a Quality and Food Safety Technician in the city of Cypress:
Monday - Friday
Must have at least 1 year of quality control experience food processing environment
Must be detail oriented
Must be willing to work individually as well as in groups
The role of Process Quality and Food Safety Technician is primarily responsible for ensuring the products we manufacture and ship from our Cypress, CA facility meet all relevant Quality and Food Safety requirements or specifications. This role is very hands on and collaborates both within function, as well as with other functions, especially production and operations. It is primarily conducted through active process and product monitoring on the factory floor and through the completion of any required documentation, and relevant lab/QC testing and analysis. This role at our Cypress facility will work to help achieve, ensure, and continually enhance our:
- Customer and Consumer satisfaction
- Cross-functional Collaboration, especially between Production and Quality & Food Safety functions.
- Food Safety Legal Compliance and Product Quality Conformance
- Overall Quality & Food Safety Competency and Awareness for employees and the business, as whole.
DESCRIPTION OF PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor and evaluate incoming raw materials, production and processing methods
- Conduct physical analyses on raw material and finished product
- Perform pre-operational startup check on equipment
- Perform plant food safety audits and determine food safety hazards or areas to improve in the plant and process
- Conduct daily product evaluation
- Maintain a collaborative and positive team environment
- Conduct environmental swabbing, as required
- Help to ensure quality and food safety requirements are understood within the department and on the production floor.
- Help to ensure compliance with all food safety regulations—HACCP/HARPC, GMPs and SOPs.
- Lead by example in strong collaboration with production and operations functions
- Ensure proper sampling and testing records are maintained
- Develop new procedures, records, and forms as needed.
- Assist in investigation customer/consumer complaints
- Preparation of Certificates of Analyses (CoA) and other required reports
- Ensure prompt coordination of samples and testing requirements with external laboratory
- Escalate and/or push for resolution of any issues with materials, people, processing equipment, etc. that could impact the quality and food safety of our product.
- Support and back-up Warehouse Quality & Food Safety employees, as required.
- Strongly detailed and accurate documentation of quality or food safety challenges including, but not limited to:
- Holds and reasons for holds
- Supplier Complaints
- Process or CCP/CP deviation
- Internal Audit Findings
- Foreign Object Findings
Minimum Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED. Associate degree or higher in technical field is a plus, but not required.
- PCQI certified
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a food processing/manufacturing environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be fluent in English and Spanish and able to communicate clearly and effectively, both written and orally.
- Solid understanding of HACCP/HARPC, GMPs and basic quality and food safety prerequisite programs.
- Basic understanding of food safety regulations (i.e. FDA)
- Strong attention to detail, thorough, focused, able to work independently.
- Ability to work cooperatively as a team member and respond promptly.
- Microsoft Office Proficiency, (Word, PPT, Excel) required.
- SharePoint experience is a plus.
- Must be able to perform heavy work up to 50 pounds of force on occasional basis.
$17.00 - $18.00
Job Type: Full
If interested please submit resume or call Maribel 562-215-4761Apply