QA / QC Technician
Vernon, California 90058
Contract To Hire
MUST have 2 years experience doing the following:
· Creating and maintaining HACCP, SSOP and GMP’s for the facility.
· Coordinating and carrying out external audits from Federal/State/County/City inspections.
· Coordinate and carry out 3rd party audits such as USDA, BRC or NSF or SQF.
· Manage food laboratory and microbial lab / Environmental & Product testing.
· Being the point of contact and communicating effectively on behalf of the company and ensuring strict adherence to FDA/USDA/3rd party audits.
· Coordinating and carrying out Internal Food safety Audits to comply with safety programs. Initiate Corrective and Preventative Action measures in case of any deviations.
**You will be in charge of taking weights, measuring, taking photos and keeping detailed documentation of every test you do in either our freezer/ dock (in temps anywhere from -10 to 40 degrees).
· Fresh receiving- inspects incoming products. Prepare report based on findings.
· Final release – Inspect orders before shipment to customer. Email reports and save in weekly folder.
· Frozen receiving- inspects temperature for incoming frozen products and per buyer request. Prepare reports of results.
· QUALITY CHECKS ON FROZEN ITEMS (DEGLAZING) MUST BE ABLE TO LIFT 40-50 LBS
· HACCP checks.
· Conduct finished product inspections from beginning, middle and end of run, depending on the shift worked. Report any issue with production supervisor and production lead. Follow up with them to ensure the issue is fixed.
· According to the shift worked, responsible to conduct pre-operation inspection for all production processing rooms (Sanitation Deficiencies Report, ATP swabs, Allergen Swabs, Environmental swabs, Knife inspection, and scale check.) GMP walkthroughs and temperature checks. These documents will be submitted on daily basis. Probe and Laser thermometer check. Enforce GMPs as necessary.