Purchasing Data Analyst
Category: Accounting & Finance
Carson,, California 90745
POSITION TITLE: Purchasing Data Analyst
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
JOB LOCATION: Carson, CA
TYPE OF JOB: Full-time
DEPARTMENT: Purchasing/Global Supply
WORK SCHEDULE: 7a-4p
REPORTING MGR/SUPV TITLE: VP of Purchasing/Global Supply
Conduct quantitative analyses of information affecting investment programs of public or private institutions.
- Comply with all safety regulations and company policies.
- Support the VP and Purchasing department in identifying and analyzing complex business problems and associated risks; and defining the scope of activities required to both address these and meet key stakeholder needs.
- Collect and analyze operational and customer data to determine performance trends and provide strategic recommendations around business opportunities.
- Build dashboards and automated reports that enable the operations team to successfully achieve the strategic plan.
- Support leadership in developing, documenting, and implementing new tools or processes in a way that maximizes team adoption and serves as a reference for future projects.
- Find, pull, crunch, and interpret large amounts of historical and predictive data from a variety of sources to develop insights, make recommendations and answer key business questions.
- Track both general and specific business activity and provide clear, compelling reports and presentations on a regular basis.
- Analyze data for anomalies, trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Complete impact analyses for all operations improvements.
- Drive systems development and process improvements.
- Ability to work with large amounts of data: facts, figures, and number crunching. You will need to see through the data and analyze it to find conclusions.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or a related field
- Minimum 2 years working in a capacity of data analyst in a related field
- Experience using strong analytical and statistical skills with a solid understanding of purchasing, manufacturing processes, and business practices
- Knowledge of computer applications: Microsoft Office, Internet, and ERP
- Ability to use advanced Excel to run statistical models
- Strong analytical and logical reasoning skills
- Strong statistical and math skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work.