Category: Manufacturing & Production
Highland Park, Florida 85043
Under the direction of the Plant Manager, assist in the management of the production facility to meet sales requirements by supervising production personnel and quality assurance technicians.
- Ensure plant facilities and equipment are maintained to meet production schedules by assisting in training production personnel in preventive maintenance and establishing a preventive maintenance schedule.
- Recommend operating objectives, plans for the production facility to meet the plant’s overall business goals. Report, as required, on the facility’s performance against those objectives.
- Monitor safety programs to eliminate industrial accidents. Ensure that manufacturing supervisors hold regular safety meetings, monitor safety practices and their use of safety equipment.
- Hold regular quality meetings to ensure that all employees are well trained and aware of quality control measures and the quality of the product meets or exceeds Compnay standards, along with International Congress of Building Official (ICBO) and Universal Building Code (UBC).
- Review production schedules and plan raw material inventories to achieve those schedules.
- Ensure that all production personnel are trained by supervising appropriate training programs and discuss with the Plant Manager.
- Responsible for implementing and coordinating in conjunction with the Plant Manager Lean processes
- Manufacturing/Continuous Process Improvement programs and plant quality programs.
- Ensures that all production operation shift personnel are appropriately trained by partnering with Human Resources and Training Management, Plant Manager, and applicable functional departments. Monitors and assures that all annualized training requirements and/or certifications are completed on time.
- Conducts a comprehensive review of Process Improvement and Lean Manufacturing programs functions within the plant. In addition, develop and network to identify and promote the sharing of ‘Best Practices”.
- Assist in conducting the formal and informal performance appraisals and hiring new employees
- All other duties as requested or assigned
JOB-RELATED QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial, Manufacturing, Mechanical or related Engineering, preferred but not required if sufficient equivalent experience
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Versed in training and development of exempt and non-exempt employees
- Excellent communication skills
- Participated in one or more of the following process improvement: Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Cost of Quality, Demand Flow Technology, JIT, TQM, ISO 9000-2000, Kaizen, 5S.
- Computer literate in Excel, Word and Power Point; SAP desirable.
- Work Experience
- 6+ years of manufacturing experience
- 2+ years management experience
- Previous experience in developing and implementing company wide Quality Programs
- Licenses or Certificates
- Physical Demands
- General office and manufacturing facility activities - walking, standing, sitting, lifting, talking, typing, and etc.
- Lifting heavy materials occasionally up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work varied shifts, as needed
- Mental Demands
- Must have the ability to:
- Effect change
- Work independently and in teams
- Communicate effectively and tactfully to different levels in the organization in person and on the telephone.
- Pay close attention to detail.
- Organize and schedule work effectively.
- Work well under time constraint.
- Handle multiple tasks.
- Fast-paced environment.
- Handle confidential information.
- Strong leadership
PHYSICAL HAZARDS -- Health and Safety Concerns
- General Manufacturing Environment
EQUIPMENT AND SPECIAL MATERIALS
- Safety Equipment, Computer, printer, telephone, mobile phone.
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at anytime. In addition, the employer may consider whether the individual applying for or holding the position is qualified. There are two steps involved in this determination. The first concerns whether the applicant or current employee satisfies the prerequisites for the position. The second step involves whether or not the person can perform the essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation.